Our climate is changing, with devastating consequences now and in the immediate future.
- In the latest round of testimony to the bushfires Royal Commission, ex-emergency service chiefs have argued a coordinated, military-style response is needed to fight the “climate change war”.
- Six months on from Black Summer, 119 species still need immediate intervention to save their fire-ravaged habitats.
- And authorities have warned south-east NSW faces an above-average fire threat for the next three months. It’s a sobering thought, but Queensland’s official fire season begins in less than a month.
- Scientists are shocked to discover the Thwaites Glacier is collapsing much faster than first thought.
- Battered in recent weeks by historic rainfall, flooding and a surge in landslides, Japan now faces a new, deadly combination: climate disasters and an ageing population.
- And finally, fires in the Arctic Circle have emitted historic levels of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, with months still left in the fire season.
Thank you to the hard-working, on-the-ball Climate Action warriors over on the CLIMATE FOR CHANGE website. Especially, Julian.
Subscribe to their newsletters to stay up to date on Climate Change information all in one place! SUBSCRIBE.
More global information coming soon!